I like words.
Reading them. Hearing other people read them. Putting them together. Helping other people put them together. Learning the minutiae of how they evolved into their current dictionary definitions.
They’re kind of my jam. And over the years, I’ve been lucky enough to make them both my hobby and my career.
In 2011, I was a paralegal trapped in the 9-to-5 and loathing every minute of it. I started a blog, Cordelia Calls It Quits, to document my journey to escape by creating a freelance writing and editing portfolio. And over the next 2 years, I made it a reality.
You can check out my portfolio for the dirty deets, but suffice it to say, I am now literally living my dream. And ______
Random Facts About Me
- Drink of Choice: Bourbon
- Religion: Secular Buddhism and Pastafarian
- Favorite People: Dogs
- Retirement Dream: Owning a senior dog sanctuary
- Coolest Thing I’ve Ever Done: Interviewed former U.S. Poet Laureatue Billy Collins for a small bootstrapped literary journal in college
- Dumbest Thing I’ve Ever Done: ______
What I’m Currently Enjoying
- Wild by Cheryl Strayed
- The Hacking of the American Mind by Robert H. Lustig, M.D.
- The Highly Sensitive Person by Elaine N. Aron, Ph.D.
- The Wilder Life by Wendy McClure
- Beach Too Sandy, Water Too Wet
- The Mental Illness Happy Hour
- Terrible, Thanks for Asking
- By the Book
- Office Ladies